Bee Safe Acknowledgment of Risk
Your Safety is our Priority
The Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc. is committed to your safety when visiting our apiary and bee facility. Therefore you must agree to the following terms and conditions when visiting us. This Policy is updated from time to time so please review this page regularly.
Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc. Beekeeping Course & Apiary Visit
Safety & Acknowledgments Terms & Conditions
For your own safety, the Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc. asserts that when visiting our apiary and bee garden you must follow our safety precautions. This includes, but not limited to
- wearing a long sleeve shirt (lightweight if a hot day)
- long pants tucked into socks
- covered shoes
Do not wear perfumes, scented lotions, shampoos etc. on the day as these annoy bees. If raining or if the weather is not favourable, hives may be opened in a covered area available at the site.
WAIVER from VISITING, LEARNING AND WORKING WITH BEES (Acknowledgment of Risk)
As a condition to accepting to participate, you hereby acknowledge that:
- You will participate at your own risk and that you are aware that activities involving bees can be hazardous and that the servants, agents, representatives or volunteers of the Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc. accept no responsibility or liability for any injury or loss, including loss of life, that you may sustain as a direct or indirect consequence of participating whether such injury is a consequence of any act or omission by the servants, agents, representatives or volunteers. Except in regard to any rights you may have arising under the Trade Practices Act 1974.
- You acknowledge that the safety precautions undertaken are a service to you and other participants but are not a guarantee of safety.
- You understand that bees are unpredictable by nature, that when frightened their instincts are to defend the hive.
- You declare that you are in sound condition and undertake participation with the knowledge of the physical demands required.
- You consent to receive any medical treatment, including ambulance transportation that the Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc. or it’s agents believe is desirable during or after participating.
VISITOR & STUDENT DUTIES
- You agree that you participate at your own risk.
- You agree that you will not participate if you are under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- You acknowledge that staff may inspect equipment; however, you agree that you will be ultimately responsible for checking the equipment that you use and bringing any problems to the attention of staff.
- You agree to follow the staff members’ instructions at all times.
- You agree that as a condition of participating you must wear a bee veil and closed covered shoes.
- You agree that you will be responsible for any damages to the premises, property owned by others, injuries to any others, which you may cause by negligent, reckless or irresponsible conduct.
- You agree that you will notify us below of any allergies you have that may put you at risk when coming into contact with bees and/or by consuming any food or drink catered for you.
- All minors must have a parent or guardian to supervise their attendance and sign this acknowledgment and indemnity for them. By signing your name below, either in person or by one of your representatives, you hereby agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions stated above.
- In consideration of your engagement as a student and/or visitor to the facility, you authorize the Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc. or it’s agent to use images, digital photographs, motion picture footage &/or audio recordings of you (the ‘Materials’) in accordance that the Materials will be recorded and used with the understanding that the content or theme thereof will be used by the Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc.
The Materials will be recorded at or around the Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc. Apiary Bee Garden & Museum or at an event hosted by the Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc. that you attend.
REPRODUCTION AND USE
Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc. has the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, reuse, publish, and republish the materials in all forms of media (including printed materials) for art, social media publishing, internet publishing, promotional purposes (including, but not limited to, advertising, publicity, commercial, or display use), illustration, exhibition, editorial, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever. This right extends to both domestic and foreign markets.
RELEASE OF CLAIMS
You hereby relinquish any right that you may have to examine or approve the completed materials or their use(s). Further, you hereby release and discharge Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc. and all persons functioning under their permission or authority (including, but not limited to, associates, affiliates, officers, agents, advertising agencies, designated directors, employees, members, and customers) from any claims. This includes claims related to blurring, alteration, distortion, or use in composite form that may occur or be produced in the process of recording, processing, or publishing the Materials, including any claims for libel or invasion of privacy. you hereby affirm that you am over the age of 18 and have the right to contract in your own name.
YOUR RIGHTS TO CAPTURE PHOTOGRAPHS, IMAGES OR VIDEO
The Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc. understands you may wish to take photographs or video whilst visiting our facility. However we authorize you or your party to only use such images, photographs or video for your personal use only and not for any commercial use whatsoever without the written consent of the Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc. Any use of images for personal use or for publishing on social media taken by you must never be used in an unfavourable manner or intent to discredit or criticize the Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc. or its facilities, members or visitors.
Contacting The Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc.
Please do not hesitate to Illawarra Beekeepers Assoc. Inc. regarding any matter relating to this document. This Policy Last Updated August 2018
By signing my name below, I/we hereby acknowledge that I/we have read all of the above information. Any questions concerning the points above have been discussed. My signature also acknowledges my understanding of and agreement with the above policies. I/we understand if the participant is under 18 years of age, I/we are the legal guardian or parent of the participant and take full responsibility for the participants’ attendance and involvement at the event.
Participant Name &/or Guardian Name(s)
Participant Name &/or Guardian Signature(s)