Home Forums Meeting Agendas for 2016 Agenda Ideas for 2016 – Please post your Ideas and Comments

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

What would you like to see and learn about?

The task of finding a good list of agendas for our meetings is a difficult one, and leaving it to only a couple of people is a huge burden. A few plans have already been made but we have about 20 meetings a year to fill so I’m hoping this thread will get everyone thinking about a good variety of things we can plan for 2016. So to get the ball rolling here, I thought I can offer some suggestions. Many of these have been done before but doing them again can still prove popular.

Some Ideas:

Bee keeping Workshops
      Embedding foundation, frame maintenance
      Building Native Bee hotels
      Building an observation hive for our own apiary
      The uses of bees wax, including candle making, balms, polish,
      Making Creamed Honey [I know Clem is good at this, maybe he can share his knowledge and actually do a batch as a demonstration]
      Honey Swap meet – Members bring in sample of there own honey to share in tastings and swap their honey with others
      Installing a flow hive and measuring it’s success versus other traditional hives in our apiary
      Bee venom gathering
      Bee pollen collecting
      Propolis collecting
      Building a swarm trap
      Building a hive beetle trap
      Methods for packing down your hive for winter including how to store frames
      Recipes with honey
      Testing for AFB, EFB and other diseases

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Emmanuel.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Emmanuel.
    Emmanuel
    Keymaster

maybe a workshop on candle making

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.