- This event has passed.
Night Meeting: AFB Info before leading a Q&A session
14 September @ 7:00 pm| Free
Tonight we will be hosting a screening of the DPI online video about AFB and we will be covering information about new Biosecurity rules before leading a Q&A session.
We will be discussing AFB (American Foul Brood) infection with pest and disease management.
A few quick facts worth noting:
- American foulbrood (AFB) disease is the most serious brood disease of honey bees in New South Wales (NSW)
- It is caused by the bacterium Paenibacillus larvae
- In Australia it has been found in all states
- Early and accurate diagnosis of this disease is essential if control is to be effective
- AFB is a ‘notifiable disease’ under the NSW Apiaries Act 1985